View Single Post
Old 12-03-2007, 08:50 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
CatsPajamas
Forum Leader

Cats Christmas Tree Adventures

So I worked myself into the Christmas spirit a bit more on Saturday. We had a BIG ice storm which virtually stopped the city in its tracks, and I spent all day inside.

I typically buy a real tree, but being in the spirit and stuck in the house, I went to the basement and dug out the BIG artificial tree that the previous owners left behind.

It took me at least 2 hours to get it assembed and up... and all the time the CATS are watching. (I have 2 cats, and my son who moved back home for awhile brought 2 with him. For those of you who are adding, that makes FOUR cats in the house.)

Since this is NOT my first Cat/Dog Christmas, I anchored the tree to a wooden window frame... 2 cup hooks and twine. I have to believe its the ONLY reason the tree is still standing. I have 2 squirt bottles loaded and have been squirting the cats when I hear them in the tree. This poor tree is getting watered more than any real tree I've ever had.

Today is Tree: Day 2. 23 more to go.

Branches off - 6. I don't even know where one of them came from...
Ornaments - 4, 0 broken

The top of the tree is leaning precariously to the left, and my poor angel is hanging on for dear life. I know how she feels!

Happy decorating.

Cats