View Single Post
Old 11-13-2003, 11:58 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Robin's Nest
Paused

Ok heres my story.....

Please bear with me this might be long ....

My mother has been an heroin addict since she was 13, she called it self medicating (she has Bipolar as so do I) With that at 21 she became pregnant with me..After I was born 2 weeks later, she could not handle being a mother and did not want that kind of life for me...So off to my grandparents I went...

In that time I have lived with her twice, once when I was 8 and when I was 17...She was in and out of prison most of the time...Although she gave me to my grandparents, they wanted her to take on her responability to be a mother...So they forced her to take me when I was 4, and she did, I lived with her for about a week w/ some old man that she lived with...well the man that she lived with molested me..and that was the end of that, I went back to my grandparents...

When I became a teenager, I really starting hating my mother, I hated everyone, got into alot of trouble, went into a group home at 14 until I was 17...My mother then decided to get help with her addiction, she has been on a methodone clinic ever since, I am now 27....

I love my mother now, and realize she has a problem, in the past couple of years she found out that she has Hep C...

In the past couple of years since I have become a mother myself I have become a mother to my own mother...Many times she has come to my house high..The one time she came at night, she went down to Philly to cop drugs, they guy she went with left her down there, some woman (god bless her soul) helped my mother get on a train and get home...She came straight to my house...She looked dead and was covered in blood...I freaked, she had her monthly and thats what the blood was from..*note she has Hep C* I took her in and told my husband to takethe kids somewhere were they would not come in contact with her...I took her to my bathroom undressed her and cleaned her up...

My mother has no consideration for my family, my husband cant stand her, and told me she is not aloud in the house anymore...This broke my heart...

There are many more stories, but I will not go on....

One last thing, I will never understand, everyone calls this addiction a "disease" ok my son has a disease called PVL (brain disorder) he had no choice in the matter...My mother had a choice in her life, she was not born with heroin in her viens....It angers me to no end to hear, "well, its a disease"...NO ITS NOT, ITS A CHOICE!

Anyway...Thank you for listening....