View Single Post
Old 11-26-2007, 01:35 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Done_With_It
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

Originally Posted by Squeeealer View Post
I am new here.

My 20-year old stepson is a drug addict. He lives at his grandparents house and they provide him with everything he needs or wants. He has no job and is not in school. His current situation is that he gets injured and receives prescription medicine. It's one injury after another and he will even damage a current injury to ensure it will not heal.

My wife has made some very significant steps in her relationship with him, but one of our major subjects of contention is gift giving.

She wants to buy him an Xbox 360. Not only am I totally against spending this kind of money on a drug addict, but I don't think it's appropriate to buy an active drug addict who is not seeking help any Christmas gifts. I keep thinking it's like telling him his behavior is okay... so I guess my idea is the exact opposite of hers - NO Christmas gifts for him. Not even cookies.

Do I have the right idea here or am I being mistakenly too strict?

Thank you!

You could buy him a gift card here to almost any grocery store, I would have loved that. (Still would, I hate spending money on food, lol. But plastic, :mock I can spend plastic.)
Moms love to buy their kids food, or mine does. Maybe she would go for that, lol.2