View Single Post
Old 11-25-2007, 03:16 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
ccirider

Originally Posted by musiclover View Post
This brings me to the last few 7 years of dealing with massive depression. I have a chemical imballance partially due to the heavy drug use. I've been struggling with this for a long long time and really dont know how to break the cycle. The good news is that I havent done any drugs in about 5 years. The bad news is that I'm not happy.

I still have the odd drink and sometimes binge but again only on weekends. I still think that in the back of my mind I have a problem but really can't get any clarity.
I don't mind sharing with you folks that I'm 27 years old and still live at home. As a side note to that I also wanted to share that I just purchased a property (from 5 years of working hard and saving). I guess the reason why I point that out to you (and myself) is that I consider this an accomplishment. If you would have told me 8 years ago that I would eventually be working in a full time solid job, be able to purchase a property and not be dead. I would have told you that you're nuts.

I guess the reason that Im posting here is so I can potentially get some insight and get this out in the open. Believe it or not, this actually feels really good just to be able to get it out (even if nobody reads it)
You mention that you still have the odd drink and binge only on weekends. Click on the link I have provided and scroll down to the 39 YO w/17 years of weekend abuse of alcohol. Look at what a normal brain scan looks like and compare. Also, look at Hope for Healing Alcohol, Cocaine & Meth On and Off Drugs.

http://amenclinics.com/bp/atlas/ch15.php

Peace.