View Single Post
Old 11-24-2007, 02:46 PM
  # 331 (permalink)  
Life Change

my visit was great. i was able to see some family and talk to others that i hadent talked to in a long while. the food was awesome, definatly better that the food in the slammer! lol i was out from 10am til 10pm, and could only go straight to my parrents and back with my mom driving. that was fine with me. it wasnt hard to go back, because i know that i am fortunate enough to have been given work release to start with and i just look at it as another step towards freedom that i get to take, and it is neat to not just get slammed with everything all at once.
Cinder you are right it is all about control and being the center of the universe. my addiction is selfish total selfishness, and being blinded as to what others truely need and just doing for me. now i did have to start my recovery for me, and do certain positive things for me, and know i am growing to truely care about myself, and it is manifested in my actions towards others and my growing respect for there feelings and wants and needs. this takes me time and is a constant thing for me and not just like a nice act here and there kinda thing. i just feel blessed for the change of heart and mind that working through the steps and growing closer to God that has been given to me. change and growth i believe is an option for everyone, but i have learnd that i cant control who takes the steps of doing it.
hope to post again soon.