Thread: Feeling anxious
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2007, 05:48 AM
  # 112 (permalink)  
Lilya

La famiglia

Thanks Scarlati.

Hopefully my mom will be gracious enough to speak to her and give her a Christmas present.

My sister sent me an e-mail, not apaologizing directly (she would never do that, anyway), but clearly wanting to communicate - with the persona non grata in the famiglia, La Cosa nostra (lol)- acting as nothing had happened. She had some questions to ask me and I answered calmly. She made all kinds of smilies and hearts to go with the e-mail.

I swear, this family is over the top. The Sopranos!

I will not sway from my path. I keep reading my book, Emotional Blackmail, and I keep finding treasure there. For instance, when your family or some angry friend says You´re bad, uncaring, selfish, rude, distant... he or she is stating his/her opinion of you. Nothing else. so the answer here is Opinion, not a fact, and return to sender.But the key elements consist of non-defensive statements and calm assertiveness.

There is also the Guilt Box. You can take a shoe box and use it to store abusive letters from the family. The box works similar to the "God box". You write down questions, doubts and wishes in order to let go of it. Then usually your consciousness gives you the answer, if you just forget about it for some time.

I´m off to the gym to see my personal trainer and to swim! I need all the energy possible when the head of la famiglia, my mom, arrives in town in the beginning of december.

Booked six meetings for my project, got two deals done on the phone this week.

Love and light,