View Single Post
Old 11-22-2007, 01:53 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Need4Change
61'st day sober as of:12/18/07

Another "oh, I'm sooo hungover" post...

Hi everyone

As I said in one of my previous posts, I have been drinking every other day rather than every day. So yesterday would have been one of my non-drinking days but today is Thanksgiving which would have been a drinking day. Confused yet?. Anyway, so rather than get knackered on Thanksgiving and ruin the holiday for myself and others rather than being able to relax and have a good sober time, I decided to drink yesterday so that I would be too hungover to feel like drinking on Thanksgiving day. Even more confused?.

Well, anyway, I woke up this morning (or 11 beers later) with a hangover (suprize!) and it was 3:00AM in the morning and I made a pot of coffee and sat down to read the news, check my email, etc and so I'm sipping my coffee and it tastes just fine but about the 5'th sip, it suddenly tasted really thick and sludgy to me and so this made me think that I was having a "taste hallucination" or something and shortly thereafter, I had a panic attack (shortness of breath, swallowing issues, anxiety, etc). Lots of fun!.

The drinking last night, the liquid anxiety (coffee) this morning and two days of "property wars" with our nextdoor neighbors (with the police involved) has really stressed me out.

Anyway, I guess I'm just rambling on about stuff here but I had to come here and talk to someone. I'm so tired of being drunk on Thanksgiving, Christmas, family events, etc but hopefully now that I'm hungover, I won't be getting drunk today (Thanksgiving) and will actually be able to TASTE the turkey rather than drinking all day and eating cold leftovers.

Thanks for listening, Need4Change