View Single Post
Old 11-22-2007, 12:53 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
f911

I was initially having a very difficult time dealing w/your post. My husband and I came from lower middle class, given nothing but lots of love and advice, faced our own consequences and eventually struggled our way into the "upper class". (My DOC was alcohol and I have been successfully treated w/antidepressents and therapy--NOT AA!).

We've had many problems along the way (usually financial, some children related) and would have longed for a little help but never expected it (mainly because it wasn't there).

After feeling somewhat disgusted by your post, I have come to realize you were unfortunately brought up in a very bad situation.--could have easily been me in the same place. I feel for you and hope you can find your way out of this mess at your age.

You may have to start from the very beginning--ie.formal education. If you have no money available, money is there for you by the government. It's going to be a long struggle but you will begin to gain some confidence and self-esteem if you choose a goal (begin w/short term goals) and gradually move-up from there.

I truely wish you the best of luck and am sorry for the situation that you now find yourself in. Take one small step at a time and you may find yourself to have great potential that you never realized before.

jane