Thread: Feeling anxious
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2007, 02:09 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  
Lilya

Impossible to take it easy

I was swimming when I was three or four years old, so I believe I swim quite well. Usually the stiff shoulders go away when the stress goes down. There is an old saying that the grief for your parents go to your shoulders, the grief for our children goes to the stomach and money problems go to the lower back.

I slept really well and even had a nap after the swimming-pool. My neighbour´s father came over to tear up her floor, because there is a leak there as well! Is there a curse on this house? Furthermore, her Indian boyfriend is leaving her all by herself with a newborn baby, returning to India where he has another girlfriend. Turns out he was saving money working here and is now going for good. What a man!

So they were hammering away and I looked after the baby for awhile. Then a really good friend came over. She is an interior designer and had been meaning to help me with my bedroom. She came with flowers and a beautiful sympathie card, and decided to help me with the mess my brother and brother-in-law had created. Before I knew it, she had turned every furniture in the bedroom - and broken a few lamps and vases in the process, water flowing all over the floor, and then after dinner, we decided it would be better to leave it the way it was.

She is gone and I need to lie down before I start cleaning up the mess. I´m calling in sick tomorrow at work. This weekend has been so different from what I had pictured!

She really meant well, but I wonder what to say to all these people who want to rush into my place to turn it around! I think they want to help, but my energy is really low and I cannot deal with it.

Love and light,