Thread: Feeling anxious
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2007, 06:49 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  
scarlati

Hey Lilya, I'm glad to hear you've talked about all this with your therapist. Hopefully that'll help you see that in the big picture this will all just be one bad memory, eventually outweighed by many more happy memories.

Now that the funeral's over is there any chance you could just get your brother to take care of the washer/heater/wall/leak situation and just go away for a while? I think even one or two days off on your own in a more pleasant environment would help you clear your head and get some peace. Maybe you could just tell the washer people to hold off a couple days and you take your daughter someplace nice for the weekend, then come back and deal with this mess when you're a little more refreshed. And it'd probably be good for your girl to get some quality time with you right now. You're dad dying was beyond your control, and funerals wait for no one, but the washer can wait a couple days.

If you can't do that maybe just an afternoon in the park or a long drive in the country might do the trick.

Just my 2 cents.