View Single Post
Old 11-15-2007, 06:11 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
ccirider

Originally Posted by aldo1980 View Post
I agree with ccirider. You may have lost a battle but if you've quit drinking you've won the war.
Hi Aldo:

Nice to meet you. I took the time to read your story and I wish you the best of luck in life. You may look at your addiction problem as a curse, but it could turn out to be the biggest blessing that ever happened to you. Life is a paradox. Your darkest hour may be your brightest hour. If you were in a brightly lit room, you wouldn't notice the light of a candle. Turn off the lights, and the light of the candle is like the sun in the room. Okay, it's not like the sun, but you get my point. What I am saying is that while everyone else is overlooking the candlelight in the room, you are not because you have seen the candlelight in the darkness. While everyone else is taking the candlelight for granted, you are not because you were grateful for the candlelight in the darkness. Because of your addiction you know the dark side of life, so you are going to understand some things in life that are very difficult for many people to understand. That is something to be grateful for, and you wouldn't have understood what you do now if you hadn't been an addict.

I hope that you don't think that I am preaching to you, but I just wanted to say something to you and what you read is what flowed out of me. I am 54 years old and new to the forum, but am not new to addiction. I wish I was 26 and knew what I know now at 54. I am not saying be thankful that you were an addict, but I guess I am saying be thankful that you were an addict. Like I said, life is paradoxical. So long for now Aldo and nice to meet you my kindred spirit.