Thread: question
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2007, 07:11 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Blues2

Thank you! There are no consequences for him. He just does not get the additional individual counseling that he says he wants. I read a post this am that an ah killed himself. I am so upset about that. I know that alcoholism is progressive. I am being totally honest that I am scared of what if it gets worse. It is so tolerable now. I know that sounds crazy but I know from reading it can get worse.. the blame and the hurtful words and the not speaking. We do not have that. His drinking is done at night alone and off to work he goes. He is a functioning a and I know that is crap. I know that I can not make him see that this can get way worse... I know that I can not do anything for him and I can only do what I need to do for me and the kids.
I am still scared to go to a meeting. I am not sure why. this is a huge help for me right now. I know where a meeting is and the time... I am just nervous about taking the step.. why... I guess that who will see me there.. that this is private and I do not want to share it with others.. it hurts too much.
thanks for listening