Thread: heartache
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2007, 09:26 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
BigSis
On a tear

My daughter's dealer was the older sister of a gal on daughter's recreational basketball team. They started using this crap to stay thin... within a few short times, they were hooked.

I hated Rochelle. I wished her dead and worse... many times. No matter what I did, they found each other... every time. Neither was ever sober long, and never in one another's company.

I remember when daughter saw Rochelle neglect her baby... and it made my daughter cry. But then when Rochelle was pregnant again - they used .... together.

My daughter got sober about a year before she got pregnant herself. She looks back on those times in absolute horror. She cannot believe that she condoned Rochelle's use by using with her.

Rochelle showed up at the hospital when daughter gave birth to our grandson... and it was obvious that she was not welcome by anyone - even though she was sober herself by then.

The tie is the drug... the addiction. There is no friendship.

When I finally saw that - I was able to forgive Rochelle. Both she and my daughter were just stupid kids with a genetic predisposition to addiction. The addiction is evil... the kids are not.

(((hugs)))