Thread: heartache
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2007, 08:23 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
sjr

heartache

i just say my own heartbreak in the eyes of a 15 year old boy. he is the brother of my daughter's friend. the friend has been missing since yesterday morning. i am lucky tonite. my daughter is back home at 11 pm. for the third time tonight the police we're at my house. because they had to see for themelves she was here.

i just made the very hard decision to let her go with this family to get their kid. my daughter knows where their daughter is. i started to go myself with them as well, but i am ashamed to say, i don't have the strength to watch what they are getting ready to have to do.

some how through my phone calls tonight to her friends, one of them reached her enough to tell her to come home.( I think the fact that i had called the police and they all knew it had something to do with it)

i am proud of her tonight for telling where her friend is. those kids stick together like glue. each one protecting the next. this girl needs alot of help tonight. she is strung out on something badly. i am glad my daughter was sober enough tonight to realize that....she hasn't realized she needs help yet. she continues to deny her problem, but at least tonight we had a conversation without arguing or me getting called names.

the heartache i felt for this boy when he came to the door to get my daughter was unbearable. he is only 15 and has lived in the shadow of his sister's addiction for a very long time. i just hugged him as tears welled up in his eyes. i told him to be strong, we are all trying to be strong, and he was the best brother she could ever ask for.

i know their story isn't mine to tell...but these two girls...mine and theirs have been connected for so long and always seem to find each other no matter what. together they are toxic. tonight i am glad for this family that my daughter had the good sence to help her friend. i hope now she will help her self.

i pray for me, you, and this family in need tonight. please do the same..

thank you for reading this.........S