View Single Post
Old 11-14-2007, 07:31 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
eat it 2

Hi Texas Girl.
I once had a conversation with a happily married friend of mine that sounded a lot like your post. She said something to me that I will never forget: "You know, I'm married and I too get lonely". Just because a significant other comes into the picture, one is not guaranteed and end to loneliness.

By the way, I also had a therapist give me an assignment to go out into the world and notice how many people are engaging in life -- alone. I went to the park and saw more people than I could count, sitting on a bench -- alone, walking a dog -- alone, taking a jog -- alone. I was pleasantly surprised when I decided to look at others being okay with their solitude. In other words, deciding to focus and being grateful for what I had and not for what I didn't. By the way, as my mom likes to say, "Be careful for what you wish for..."

I would encourage you to take this time to really work on being okay as a single woman. To really engage yourself in a life that is meaningful to you. Besides who really wants to be with a woman who is feeling lonely or desperate? Maybe somebody else who is feeling lonely and desperate too? We all know those people well. Why else would we be here?

After spending many of the best dating years (my 30's) mostly single I can now honestly say I am as close to becoming the person I would like to date. Are you?

Stay strong, hang out with your best girlfriends and really enjoy your single time. I'm betting a handsome man will come along to court you real soon. I mean look at those highlights!

xo
robyn