View Single Post
Old 11-14-2007, 06:32 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
sad#3

Originally Posted by TexasGirl View Post
Hi all,
I just wanted to share what's in my head these days...hoping you can help me out a little even though it's not directly related to my XAH.

I have been living alone now for 14 months, and officially single (divorced) for 2 of those. I have a lot to be proud of. I was so worried that I wouldn't be able to stand on my own, and I absolutely have. I have a great place to live where my dog has a yard to run around in. I have a job that supports my current lifestyle. I even have my hair highlighted (LOL, some of you will remember that was a major concern of mine before leaving, ha ha). I pay my bills with no major problems, and I'm doing well.

The sucky thing is that I am still so very single. 14 months is kind of a long time to be without a significant other! I've dated some, but nothing has come of it. Of everyone I dated, there was only one guy who I thought was actually someone I would be interested in, and he ended up not being interested in me. I'm getting kind of frustrated. I have great friends, a great place to live in a great city, a good job, but I am lonely. And not in the way that meeting another girlfriend for dinner will fix. Do you know what I mean? I really, really want a guy in my life. I guess I just thought things would come together a little faster than they have.
That's what scares me. I was single for 8 years after my divorce. It took me a long time to fall in love again and I fell for an alcoholic. I'm afraid I'll be alone for ever because it's so hard to make that connection..