Thread: OT: Hi from MN
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2007, 04:42 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Impurrfect

OT: Hi from MN

Hi everyone -

Finally got internet access AND a few minutes, so wanted to let everyone know I'm okay.

The funeral was very nice, with the military salute at the gravesight. My 2 cousins played taps and it was really hard. TONS of people here, some I haven't seen in years and years.

I'll be leaving in the morning - it's an 18-19 hour drive. It's going to be REALLY hard to leave - I've been thoroughly loved and spoiled I'm helping my aunt do thank you cards again (we've been doing it since Mon.)

Prayers truly helped me get up here. It was actually an uneventful trip until I almost got here and got on a road with no gas station for more than 50 miles. Was talking to my uncle, telling him I was about to run out of gas in the middle of nowhere when I finally found a gas station. I had 0.3 gallons of gas left, so wouldn't have gotten much farther.

Dad made it up here, too, and was overwhelmed at how happy everyone was to see him. He's already back home and says my cat, Elvis, misses me.

I'll check back in when I can. Been thinking about everyone here and can't wait to get caught up.

Hugs and prayers!!

Amy