Old 11-12-2007, 06:57 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
sojourner

Drugs/alcohol have made my son so loopy..

I went to his apartment yesterday and told him I was calling the gas company to come check on the gas smell in there. I had told him to call on that some time back, but it hit me that with the doors/windows all closed up with the cold weather, this is a more dangerous situation that ever.

So the stove gets red-tagged, but the gas company person shows my son how to turn the gas line (at the back of the stove) on and off!! After the gas company person leaves, I ask my son if he is going to leave the gas line turned off and call the apartment people to get the stove fixed or changed. This loopy son said, in essence, what's the big deal, it's been like this for months and nothing happened. BTW, gas and carbon monoxide was detected coming from this stove.

So I'll be making sure the apartment complex knows about this situation because detachment does not go so far as to stand by while my son puts himself and other tenants in the building in such danger when I could easily do something about it...

So now I breathe slowly, say the slogans, go to extra meetings, read my Bible, pray for continued wisdom...

My dad was alcoholic - he never was this bad except at the very end of his disease - but my ex-husband was that bad. I don't get that part of it...