View Single Post
Old 11-07-2003, 04:00 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
JT
Supply Manager

Well said marce!

And Rose...I was guilty also for longer than I care to admit to turning to Ward to have my needs met. I was dissapointed more times than not. This IS the definition of insanity...doing the same things over and over expecting different results.

Men in general are less than nurturing to their partners which is why we have girlfriends. All part of the Mars vs Venus issues. Sober and employed does not make a man any more responsive to a woman's needs.

I have learned that I am a much more reliable person to turn to when I want my needs met. I can nurture myself. I have gotten very good at it....Ward can't read my mind but I can!

One more thought...as I have worked on characture defects in recovery I discovered that one of mine was being excessively emotionally needy. No one could fill me up. The less so that I have become the more he is there for me today. That is how it works for me...backwards. Go figure!

I know he has changed for the better but there is always the possibilty that I am simply more content with what I get.

Hugs,
JT