Old 11-02-2007, 11:38 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
dreamygirl

Originally Posted by queenteree View Post
Dreamygirl, Thank you for posting your story. As you can see, I just recently got an order of protection against my AH and we will be divorcing very shortly. He also has alcoholic liver disease, although no varices yet, just some fibrosis but no cirrohsis, and I can't just sit around and be there for him anymore. Your post and story centers me in what I already know, but sometimes refuse to admit or don't want to admit. Thanks.

Trust me I was EXACTLY in your shoes. I had people who were not even involved in the situation (therapists, doctors, nurses, people on various message boards) tell me things I really did NOT want to hear - in others the plain, cold, hard truth. Everyone said - eventually you will get out and they said there was NOTHING I could do to help him - HE was the only one who could do that. I was convinced he would beat the odds and he would stop drinking and he convinced me of that (lie) many many times but then I gave up. I didn't waste a lot of time though - and thank goodness I did not because as you can see he did not recover and became another one of the very sad statistics of this devistating disease.

Hang in there - I promise you, your life will change for the better once you are no longer living with someone in the active stage of alcoholism.