Thread: The past
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2003, 06:49 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
DolphinBlue

The past

Hi everyone,

I just started seeing a psychiatrist this last week and he's pointed out a really interesting thing for me. I don't know how to feel about my childhood especially the alcoholism.

He asked me about it and I gave him a detailed description of what happened and feeling pretty satisfied with my understanding, waited for his opinion and insight. But he didn't give one, he asked me how I FELT about it. Well, that just floored me I've never even known how I FEEL about it!

I tried to think back but all I could come up with was that either I felt I was making a big deal out of nothing, just as I was told, or there were so many emotions going on at once that I couldn't recognise any of them. A lot of those emotions I couldn't even name if I tried to seperate them.

Now I have to look back and consider what my response would have been and that seems so difficult for me to do. I have no idea why, I guess I'm not really sure what that would even be. I'll just have to try and be objective and non-judgemental about it. Why is that so tough?

Amy