View Single Post
Old 10-29-2007, 11:45 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
discoveringme

wat to go!

Way to go Radiocraig!! 5 days is awesome. Today (Tuesday) is day 7 for me. I havent gone to any meetings yet, but have been looking up to see when and where they are. I'm in a small town in MN. I anm an alcoholic, but I did atend NA here for a while and I really liked, even better than the AA groups here. I dunno, it seemed like a younger, fresher, fun crowd there and they offered the same support as the AA group did. I guess you just find the group that suits you and go for it. I am sure personalities in a group matter, just as they do in daily life..there are people you like and those you dont. And also some people will like you and some will not, no matter what you do. I think I will hit a bunch of groups and see where I fit in.

I do really love this site. There is no judging, and it's no small town where people know everybody. Here in my town..I used to work with families who had kids in trouble..well I saw a lot of them again in meetings..I felt stupid, sort of, and on one hand it was good for them to see me as human too but it created a bit of a problem with professional boundaries on the job. So, I think this site for now is best for me, and maybe groups in another town or something.

Anyway...way to go!!!