Thread: Lost
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2007, 05:52 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
rloomer

Originally Posted by ChillMike View Post
What I meant was that it would be super easy to head over there and pick something up which I have no desire to do. Sorry about that....

You are right about work though, I guess it has crept into work a bit eh? Though I won't lose out on any money, I will be making up the time later...but that's besides the point. You're right.

Again you're right, I apologize that it came off wrong, I wouldn't have turned to anyone for advice if I didn't have a problem, I do have a problem and I'll freely admit that.

I suppose what I meant (and again apologies for how it came off) was that alcohol hasn't done anything horrible to my life YET, and that I'm here because I don't want it to do anything more than it already has.

Sorry Rob, I didn't mean to sound so pompous.
Please no apologies are necessary. I've done the same things. I alwasy love to justify my actions it's what I'm good at. The bottom line is simply that we have a problem and the things we do and don't realize are the things that will get more and more severe.

I wasn't trying to insinuate that you were a pompous. Sorry if it came out that way. It's just that I can relate and it cost me in the long run 2 houses 2 near marriages and 3 vehicles. You might not be at your bottom yet but what's it going to take you losing before you get there?

Everyone has a different bottom. I'm lucky to have a great job, but I work second shift. I promise you that if I worked first, I would'nt be here still. I would've been fired a long time ago.

You seem like a reasonable guy and I wouldn't suggest that you are or aren't an alcoholic. Only you can make that determination. We are all here to just be here for each other. There is support from very good people here and the only thing I can say is listen, take what you need and leave the rest.