View Single Post
Old 10-29-2007, 12:49 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
katie44

I am sorry sorry that you are going through this. This is not your fault. It took me a long time to stop blaming myself for my sons addiction. We have been through the rehabs, lying cheating, conning people and Oh the horrible tantrums in the house. Everyone be quiet we might upset the addict. It is a horrible way for you to live. I know you dont want to give up on him. I kicked my 20 year old out last April for stealing again he put himself in to a program. 2 weeks ago he got out relapsed the very first day. Stole from us and took the vehicle got it impounded for speeding I let him stay another two days with his angry personality. Went to work one day, went home and said get out. he is at the shelter right now he can only stay another 2 days then hes on the street. It is horrible and heart breaking. I always say " I too will not give up on him" I need to come to this board to remind myself they are sick we can not cure them it only gets worse. The addict will drain the very life from you if you let them. Naranon is a wonderful program as is this board. None of us have the answers but you will find a lot of support here. I used to think how could they throw a kid out on the street or I mean a young adult but if you read one of todays post from an addict about tough love it may give you more insight.