Old 10-26-2007, 11:38 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Bella_Fox
To thine own self, be true

Originally Posted by Tazman53 View Post
Bella you tell me, is it enough? Are you happy with your self? Forget about what others may think or see you as now, when there is no one around, are you happy?
I actually like me. A lot. I'm confusing as hell, but an all around cool chick. Smart, artistic, compassionate and passionate... There are lots of things I wish I could change about my current circumstances, but they have nothing to do with my drinking. Do they have something to do with the motives behind my drinking? Yes, I'm sure. But they're not related to the drinking itself.

Bella I had to chuckle when I read what your therapist said.... sounds as though he may be in the rooms.
Do you think so? If so, I wish he'd tell me that!

Alcohol as you have already learned (maybe not well enough yet) is a very poor crutch, for me it was a crutch that took control of me both physically, mentally, and spiritually, it took me to a hopeless state.
And that's not where I want to be. I just miss the ability to so completely lose myself, to stop thinking for awhile, to be free.

Bella that makes perfect sense to me, but then again I am an alcoholic and comprehend that type of thinking, this is one of the things I love about AA, rooms full of people who understand my thought process and help me to deal with my thinking without drinking!
That WOULD be nice (although at least I've found it here, in the meantime!). I looked up some local open meetings (so that I don't have to speak right away) and I might consider dropping by one soon. Maybe.