View Single Post
Old 10-24-2007, 07:52 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
hbb
Live, Laugh, Love

Originally Posted by ajangels2 View Post
He was using this person for comfort, money, companionship, and anything else she was willing to give him. Later after to speaking to this woman I realized that AH only gave her one side of the story and that she herself was also getting her needs met by rescuing my A.

AH is sober now almost 8 months and life has gotten better... the benefits of sobriety are coming to fruition... I know now that I could not go back to active addiction again...
Thank you so much for that post, sounds so similar. I kinda feel like i was that "other" person because he was with her for 8 years, alone for a year before we met and then dated me and went back to her

All the while he is now 10 months sober and he and i were together when he quit and started going to AA. I think that he wanted to show her that he was this changed, better man now that he was sober as i think she left him because of his drinking. The whole thing is so screwed up and i know that misery loves company and i know that's why they are back together. She is a clone of him....MISERY who wants nothing in life but it just seems to still hurt my feelings. If his heart was somewhere else that's one thing but don't go behind my back when i've treated you so well and supported you through all the trials and tribulations regarding family and personal issues.....i think for my situation it comes back to unacceptable behavior and this is who he is now sober, unlikable unfortunately...