Old 10-24-2007, 05:43 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Momsrainbow

MAJ0R UPDATE. IT HAS TAKEN LONG ENOUGH-decided to update this thread. AH was finally picked up Monday night in our little town by the local police. He had a friend drive him here to pick up all of this 3 duffle bags of clothes I have had ready for months. AH and his friend were completely "out of it". They had been smoking pot, breathing the canned air cans and had been through a 1/3 bottle of Wild Turkey. They said that the police had contacted AHs mother because a neighbor had called the PD. They said the PD was right behind them coming here. Well, being nosey as I am I took the pups out for a short walk and sure enough the PD was sitting on the next road in the curve. Would have got them no matter which way they tried to leave. I watched when they left (intending to call the PD if necessary) but sure enough they pulled on the road around the corner and the police car was following. About 15 minutes later I got a call from AH ride saying he was picked up and went peacefully. They let the friend go-for whatever reason is beyond me. AH tried to call about an hr. later. One of those inmate collect calls-I have had a block on the phone for almost 2 yrs. just so his "friends" could not call. Plus, now you have to set up a prepaid account and I have not intention of doing that. No accepting calls, no money in the inmate account, no visits, no nothing.

He can just rely on his "friends" all druggies and his family "all worthless". He was doing so well for the first few months and then here came the "bunch".

I thank God that it was not my policeman friend that picked him up. As close as we are-it would have been a difficult thing for us. I have yet to talk to him.

I am suprised that I don't feel anything other than peace at last. No tears-no nothing. Disappointed that he was not able to get his life in order-but being an addict for over 36 years-it was too much to expect. I know he had contacted his old boss at prison and that the old boss is going to pull him from whatever unit he is at and have him work for him again. This is a good thing!!!!!!

I will finally be getting the truck back-it is still hid by the local police department. Went to the bank Monday and "got into it" with one lady. Being a banker for almost 30 yrs. she did not have a clue of what she was doing. I will be going back with more paperwork. They did repossess the 4 wheeler AH bought on his own. Picked it up out of impound.

I have been doing well, I think. Putting my home back in order, getting new tenants in the rent house, doing yard work and playing with the dogs. Other than having no money-life is going along well.

Thanks to all at SR for hanging in there with me. You saved my sanity and my life!!!! Special thanks to a few SPECIAL friends-you know who you are.

LOL HUGS & SMILES!!!!!!!!