Old 10-23-2007, 01:45 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Creekryder
Cause no harm

So come I, again, with tail tucked and head low...

Hello to all, again. I cannot believe it has been over four months since I have been here. So much has happened. My sobriety took another nose-dive in June, and I have been drinking heavily since. And to add to my self-destruction, I added Oxycodone to my abuse list. I figured one or two a day for my aches and pains of passing years would do no harm. And I kept it at that...however, splashing down two or three beers with it would boost the effect. Well, what the heck, an evening or two of doing three or four won't be bad, would it? After all, I can handle it OK. (Just look how well I handled the alcohol...went for three months without. No problem.)

Well here I sit, going through mild withdrawals and making the commitment to myself (once again) that the booze is out, the pills are out, and getting what was once a priority in my life (freedom from addiction) back as a focus.

Which comes to you, my friends and higher power...I must put energy back into my life. Addiction has no place for me. Instead of slavery, I want to enjoy life as a free man. I hope some of that energy comes from you. The majority of it will rely upon my efforts.

In a brief moment, as soon as I post this, one-hundred and twenty-four Oxycodone
tablets will meet a watery grave. Better they than I. And I have had no alcohol since Sunday evening, so my sober and clean date has begun today. Keep me in your thoughts and wish me well...here I go again.

Peace—
Padraic