View Single Post
Old 10-23-2007, 06:14 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

The only thing I can find here is maybe with him being here a month, I can get him financially responsible....almost a tougher job than keeping him clean.
Barbdee, sweetie, you can't get him responsible any more than you can get him clean. He is the only one who can get himself there.

The addiction of our children is not our cross to bear. What keeps us sane is to turn all this over to a Higher Power and do what we need to do to keep our balance. For me that was meetings and learning to work a program that promised to restore my sanity and give me my life back...a promise that has been kept.

I know this is hard for you and has been all along, I've been where you are and I promise you that nothing you do or don't do, nothing you say or don't say, all the mother's love in the world won't get them clean and keep them there. It's just bigger than all of us.

I don't feel helpless, even though my son is out there lost in his addiction somewhere. I can pray, I can have faith that God can do for him what I cannot, and then I can let go and let God because my way just doesn't work.

:codiepolice

Hugs