View Single Post
Old 10-22-2007, 06:18 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
shemp

Why Do people want to put you down

I was talking to a friend of mine last night at an AA meeting. This person has some time clean and he came up to me to talk to me about a situation that he has experince lately with an X. He stated that as he is working the program that his ex has tried to contact him, through friends or even by email. All that she would state that why are you going to AA, you do nothing but lie and you are still drinking. I started to laugh, sounds like an ex I had. I asked him how long has it been since you have seen her? He stated it has been a few months. He stated that it since she is out of his life that he is happier and doesnt want the games anymore. But he feels that she is still watching him. I then stated that I have the same feeling at times.

I stated to him what have you done to change your life to get rid of her? He stated that he doesnt respond to her emails and when friends come up and say things he just ignores it and moves on. I stated to him I know how it feels. I had an ex and I still feel at times that she is still out there and watching what I do. Then I joked and said hey at least she didnt throw you in jail for nonsense then come an ask to borrow money, Like mine did. We both started to laugh. I said in time these feelings will go away. I couldnt be happier with out my ex, I said to him i really thought it was all me that we didnt work and what happened to me was all my fault. After going to AA and counseling I found out that some of it was me and the rest was her. Well maybe most of it was her. I told him what I have done to stop those feelings. I changed my patterns my phone number and when I go to a store near my parents i will lap the parking lot to make sure that this person is not there, and if I notice that she is there I will just leave so i dont go to jail for garbage again. I also stated that my ex told me that she would pay me back and still has a credit card in her name under my account. Well i havent seen any money or my card. I told him that I dont expect to see any of it and that I am ok with it. Cause if you are a healthy person you would take responsibility for your actions and do the right thing. I also stated that they are both ill and not working any program, so it is not worth wasteing any energy on them and just keep working on yourself. Just as i have and i am a better and healthier person for it. Also believe in your HP and it will work its way out.

I still dont understand why when we are getting healthy they just want to us down by calling us liars and other names. can anyone shed some light on this please? and thanks for letting me get this off my chest.:praying