View Single Post
Old 10-22-2007, 02:23 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Spring11

Exclamation his recovery friends

For the last 2 years, my husband has been in and out of AA, and has only managed a month or two of sobriety at a time. Finally, I couldn't take it anymore, and asked him to leave. He went into an inpatient drug and alcohol aversion program. After he completed the program, he came home. I really want my relationship to work. He says this time is different. He seems happier and like he's really changing. I should be very happy right now, but I'm having a tough time. First, after seeing him go back to using so many times, I'm on edge all the time. I can really see the difference rehab has made in him, but I'm irritable (which I know can't be helping him) and feel anxious and beat up. The other thing is, he spends a lot of time talking with/texting his recovery friends. That in itself is good, but it seems like he's really sneaky/secretive about it... just like he was with his drinking/using! His phone was with me when a woman he went to rehab with responded to a text message in which he had written "I love you". I mean, "I love you"??? C'mon! As much as I know in my head it's probably as a result of their experience together, and as much as I'd like to have faith in him, I'm just marinating in all this poison... help me!