View Single Post
Old 10-19-2007, 09:20 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Welcome to SoberRecovery. I am so sorry about your circumstance, it must be awful to have grown up in this and to go through what you are going through now.

Although you cannot change your parents, you can find help for yourself, to work through your issues of growing up in this environment and also your issues of living with it today, even from a separate residence.

Alanon, Naranon and CoDA are 3 very good and similar programs that help us deal with having a loved one addicted and learning to keep our balance in the process. Also ACOA is a wonderful group that helps people who grew up with addiction in their home.
If you can, please give these a try, I promise you that they will help you.

And stick around, take a read of the "sticky" posts at the top of this forum, and know that you are among friends here who understand and care.

Also, my thoughts and prayers go out for your siblings. This is a terrible way for them to live and dangerous too. It may be wise to talk to someone about having them removed from this environment, there are many safe places they can go where they won't have to be subject to the dangers and abuse that go with addiction.

Again, I am glad you joined us. Please know that we are here for you and we care.

Hugs