View Single Post
Old 10-19-2007, 08:50 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
ARL

Unhappy enabling my parents?

hi guys! So i need to just vent... I am 24, married 4 years and moved out into my own house, I doing good...the problem is my mom and my stepdad have a huge addiction problem, they have as long as ive known them all 24 years of my life. I knew about a terrible alcohol addiction that i can remeber goes Way back, I thought until just recently that was all there problems, until a few weeks ago where my stepfather had a breakdown and told my sister about thier crack/cocaine/heroine/meth addiction. I guess i was all blind to all this. I am so terribly dissapointed and confused about how they hid this terrible problem, and I am so Outraged because I have been enabling them for so long.

I moved in with my mom 2 years ago to help her, paid her 800 a month, about 6 months ago she lost the house, and hadnt been giving the landlord the rent money, behind my back, i feel so used. I have two younger brothers and sisters that still live with them they are 14 and 11. My parents are now homeless living at a homeless shelter. She gets welfare and a disability check, this month like all months she called me up broke on the 12th of the month. She has NO bills, and blew threw almost 800 in a week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She asked to borrow money, this time I told her no. It is Killing me. I always let her borrow money but Ive had it, I cant be apart of them anymore. I love my mother to death, but she is killing herself and doesnt admit she has a problem AT ALL... I usually wind up giving in because i dont want to see my brother and sister suffer, but how do i know that she isnt using the money for drugs/ alcohol... last night she called me at 9pm for $30... was this a "we need food call" or "i really need a fix" call. Im at a loss... anyone else in a similar situation where you have been enabling your Parents - of all people? its tearing my insides apart because i feel so guilty for not giving her any money. anyone any words ?? Id apreciate anything you have to offer or say.. - ARL