View Single Post
Old 10-16-2007, 03:19 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Lilya

Hi Wreck,

Welcome to the board. I´m sorry you´re having a bad time right now, but it´s a good idea to use the steps to deal with anxiety.

The way I have done it is to simply change the word "alchohol" and replace it with "anxiety".

"1. We admitted we were powerless over anxiety—that our lives had become unmanageable.

We do that regularly in other groups for addiction for debt, relationship addiction and the like.

I am actually having a bad case of anxiety at the moment, but reading the steps and working them usually calms me. What I find most challenging is to "turn it over". That means for me that we´re powerless over the outcome of something and should leave it with the Higher Power.

When I´m stressful over something, I work and prepare as I can and then I leave it "with the gods". When I know I have done my best, I can usually leave it out there. But it was neither simple nor easy for me to learn it.

Give it time. Use the power of your group as your Higher Power, for instance, your wise self, whatever. Try to write a problem down on paper and put it away, thinking you will leave it to you HP, whatever that is. After a while solutions will come to you.

It´s called "the magic of letting go."

I´ve been able to give tons of stuff up with using it, frome Coke to sugar and booze to cigarettes.

Talk to your sponsor and ask him about what he thinks. Let us know and in the meantime, be well.

Love and light,