View Single Post
Old 11-04-2003, 03:09 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  
Heavens

Dear TIP's Angel,

Dear TIP's Angel,

We support you here and accept and love you. We wish you well on your healing journey. Think of all the progress you have made -- what a survivor you already are. And allow your healing time. Time is what comes to mind when I remember the first days and months of healing. It took lots of time. And meanwhile, the recovery and the meetings helped. It will always take time, still. Since I always have growth work to do and am never perfect, I always have to live in the moment and accept myself right where I am on my healing and growth journey and know that I am ok right now, I am going to make it moment by moment, one day at a time, and that in time I will heal more and grow more. Hope helps. Patience helps. But mostly, trusting my Higher Power helps. My Higher Power is definitelly the only one who can completely understand my anger, since my Higher Power is the only one who really went through every experience in my life right there with me. Others try to understand, but can't as completely. And not only does my Higher Power understand, but he loves me and accepts me and forgives me of whatever imperfections I perceive in myself, which helps me release the anger and forgive, and forgive myself and frees me to love again. Love is the key. I had to get out of an abusive relationship, but there is plenty of love out there for me to give that isn't related to couples love, although I think couples love is wonderful -- it just may not always be available. Life is a rich experience with healing and love. The twelve steps are so helpful. Keep working them. I am so proud of you, and we support you and are behind you all the way!

P.S. I understand about deaths and healing from that. I have lost my sister, brother and father. Please let me know if you need to talk. Anger is a natural part of the healing process. Accept it and feel it and you will work through it as a stage.
Anger is just a feeling. It is not destructive of itself. As long as your behavior hurts no one and nothing, anger is ok. It can even lead to some constructive behavior sometimes, as it can motivate to action. Once a counselor said that feelings are always ok. It is behavior that can be inappropriate and sometimes needs to be changed. I have always thought that was helpful about acceptance of feelings.

Love and prayers,
Nancy
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
hr-0293_a.jpg (1.3 KB, 748 views)