View Single Post
Old 10-15-2007, 06:12 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
fairyprincess
fairyprincess

someone be honest with me please!!

I am trying to parent hopefully better than my parents....I have a 15 yr old daughter who lied to us a few times...I being the ACOA thought, well teens lie right? My husband layed down the law, door off hinges, no privilages whatsoever for over a YEAR, he still hasn't gotten over the "betrayal". So we started giving privilages back little by little, and then another lie....now husband wants to send her to boot camp...this is a pretty much straight A child with no drug, alchohol, or even the barest hint of black going on...husband says I don't know what's going on because my upbringing was disfunctional...I said I'll take this one you sit back and relax...I told daughter you have been punished enough for this and forgiven, lets move on and you have all privilages until you abuse them, and then we'll deal with it appropriately. I don't think her life should be forfeit cause she lies sometimes...the REASON in my opinion is she doesn't want to disappoint dad but wants a life...I'm wondering if dad has issues of his own....what do ya'll think??