View Single Post
Old 10-15-2007, 01:05 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
BigSis
On a tear

I'm TIIIIRRREEDDD!

But it is a goood tired!

Spent 4 days as a committee member for our Woman to Woman retreat up on the Pennisula of Washington State (that piece of our state that appears to be waving 'hello'!).

We were around a lake, up in the firs. It was quiet. The sun shone. And the recovery absolutely ROCKS!

I got to be the "bag lady" and designed and purchased the items for the welcome bags.

We had some of these....

One each of these....

And a bunch of these...

There were about 100 women, ALL who checked in at 5 pm (I assisted with check-in! Egad!)

The sharing was so heartfelt and real... and there were stories of hardship and pain, as well as many stories of gratitude and growth.

Though I only shared a room with 2 others, there were 7 women sharing ONE bathroom in my lodge. What a great opportunity for growth THAT was! (grin)

Our theme was "On Common Ground", with workshops on "Rocky Road", "Walking Through it Together", and "The Promises".

We had an AA speaker on Saturday night and an Alanon speaker on Sunday morning.

We had a great craft room, a "hospitality" room filled with snacks everyone brought to share, as well as a rockin' raffle. With fewer than 100 women, we raised over 1200 dollars to use as scholarships for next year's retreat.

As a committe member, I've made a 3-year commitment. So this will be on my agenda for a while. My sponsors in Alanon and OA were both there and friends I had not seen for a some time.

We were up until midnight and up again at 6:00 am... so today, I can honestly say. I am Draggin' Tail, baby.

But it is a goood tired. If you are offered opportunities to attend conventions and retreats in recovery, I urge you to step out of your comfort zone and accept!

These move my recovery forward... in a kind, loving and giving way.