Old 10-15-2007, 07:59 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
MsPINKAcres
Living in a Pinkful Place

((so tired))

First let me welcome you to our SR family - I am glad you found us even tho I hate to hear of another family affected by this disease. Please do keep reaching out for help.

I know that laws differ from state to state - in the state where I live - we go thru the cornorer's office to have someone committed for 72 hrs if they are a danger or threat to themselves or others. Once the person is out of the home then there are other options, filing for divorce or legal seperation, temporary restraining order to keep him from coming back to the house, or hopefully after he had detox and is in that medical facility he may come to realize his need for & agree to enter a longer term treatment program.

Maybe there is a Legal Aid office in your area that could help you with this? Also, have you considered attending some Al-Anon meetings? For me, these meetings have been awesome in helping me in dealing with someone's drinking. They have provided me with a wonderful support group, recovery literature, a sponsor and a new way of living my life.

Keep coming back, Don't give up before the miracles happens in YOU - You deserve it!!

Wishing you Serenity & Joy,
Rita