Old 10-15-2007, 07:58 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
queenteree
Recovering Nicely

(((So Tired))) While my AH does not stay in bed and not shower for a week, he is a binge drinker with his binges becoming more closer together and lasting much longer. It's the progression of the disease. My AH has alcoholic liver disease and won't live past 5 years if he continues on this path. In May he went to rehab, after my son called the ambulence on him cause he had a blood alcohol level of .4 (usually comatose or lethal in most people) and remained sober for 3 months and has been on a binge the whole month of Sept. Like yours, he isn't physically abusive, but very defensive and nasty when it broach the subject of his drinking or him killing himself, he too says he's going to die and wants to die. Unfortunately, there is nothing you can do. You have to save you. If you have not gone to Alanon, I really would suggest you give it a try. Alanon and SR have been lifesavers to me. My AH just detoxed at home this weekend, yes, I was concerned, but I still managed to hope for the best, got my nails done, pedicure and took my grandkids pumpkin picking then helped decorate their house while we had a pizza party. It was fun.