Old 10-15-2007, 07:26 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
nytepassion
Drug Addiction Has No Mercy

My ex wasn't physically abusive towards me or anyone for that matter ... One day we were out in his garage (arguing over how he never spends anytime with me or his kids) and he stopped, looked at me and said, "I think you want me to hit you" You think you have it so bad .. I should just go ahead and kick your a$$ to show you how bad you could have it ... #1. I knew right then and there that his addiction was taking him down to deeper, darker levels (he was completely losing himself) #2. I knew that IF he ever did lay a hand on me that I would have to EARL him (for explanation look up the lyrics to "Goodbye Earl" by The Dixie Chix) .. I knew DAMN well I wasn't about to be hit on by him and at that point it would be him or me and I was determined I would be the one that walked away and in the midst of all the ugly thoughts dancing through my head I realized I was going down into deeper, darker levels with him ... It was at that moment that a light switched on and it became clearer than ever that it was time to PLAIN AND SIMPLY "LEAVE HIM" ... so I did. Saved my sanity and kept me out of prison all in one decision.

Passion