View Single Post
Old 10-14-2007, 06:12 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
cece
StrivingToThrive

You were right! AS called!

Thanks everyone who listened to me, and have traveled this road before me!
I posted awhile back that I said, "NO" to my son and hadn't heard from him in a while. I was stressed and just knew it was going to get bad for me. I was going to spiral down that path.
But... I wrote to you guys instead. And....I didn't do my usual "Track-Down".
Like I have said before I am an awesome detective. Once I really shocked him with my tracking skills. I called a complete stranger, at a place my AS was flopping. My son couldn't believe that i had found him and through a person that my AS didn't even know! (That's a good Codie! but you don't want to know how many calls i made to get that number.)
Anyways! I didn't DO that this time.
I let it go. Like you said, I decided that when he wants to let me know how he is doing, he will call. In the meantime I was chosing not to let it consume me. Well, I was out of town this weekend and he called my house phone 3 times, and my cell phone 3 times. when he finally got through to me, he just wanted to say hi! But I could tell he was confused that I am not responding in my usual way. I don't think he liked the "Change in the Script". But it felt pretty good to me. It wasn't a power trip sort of thing, , nor a payback, wasn't trying to miss his calls, more like I just decided to worry about me for a change, and if he didn't want to talk to me then OKAY. When he finally reached me I was happy to hear from him, enjoyed the conversation, then said I had to head back into a meeting. I didn't think, " Okay I have him on the line, how can i get thru to him?" He did ask , "what was up? why was I so happy sounding?" I just said that, "life is pretty good right now."
Really weird for me i must say. Trusting his and my HP is really getting to me! ( at least today! Baby steps!):day4
So thanks again for being here and being you!