View Single Post
Old 10-14-2007, 06:48 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  
littlethings

Originally Posted by GarryW View Post
Catch the contradiction??:wtf2

Is it clean? or a way to get clean?
First of all, have you ever been on methadone? If you have, you would know that MOSTLY everyone continues to use (illegal drugs) during their first few days or weeks of their program (at THIS POINT, they are NOT clean).... methadone helps them get clean ONCE they find thier correct dosage... therefore it was NOT a contradiction, i was stating that people use dope ... get on methadone, then get clean WHILE ON methadone.... then eventually detox from methadone (or some people choose to stay on methadone maintenance).

I understand that many feel that methadone isn't being clean. I am going to make an assumption here, the majority of people who think this, have NOT been on methadone. I have been a dope addict, gotten on methadone, gotten clean and then got off methadone and remained clean. As i said before, if you are on your correct dosage of methadone you do NOT GET HIGH.

My point is people who are on their CORRECT DOSAGE of methadone and are NOT getting high off of it ARE CLEAN. They are NOT GETTING HIGH. Is that not in a way what being clean means? not getting high? and if you say that being clean means they are free of all substances, then NO ONE IS TRUELY CLEAN (unless of course you don't drink caffeine, take tylenol, etc). So being on blood pressure medicine makes someone NOT CLEAN (because they are using a substance and not getting high off of it, but they're still on a SUBSTANCE).