Thread: Bottoms Part 29
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2007, 11:48 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  
gypsytears
not a greeter

Concert was awesome!!! We only got slightly lost on the way there because I couldn't follow signs to the triboro bridge but a well timed u-turn sent us back in the right direction.

So the concert : was not only Arcade Fire but 5 bands total . General admission so we all ran for the stage once they let us onto the field. We ended up smashed right up against the barrier between the stage on the left side and directly in front of a big ass speaker. We could see everything. The lead singer from Arcade Fire walked out before the whole thing started and brushed up against my elbow (swoon) as I was smacking the girls to turn around lol.

Security guards took pity on my little tiny kids and kept giving them free bottled water and glow stix. The five other bands I have no clue who they were. The only one I really liked was LDC Sound System and they came on right before AF.

Total standing time at the concert 3pm to 11pm. Then fighting through the crowd to the parking lot. The band came back out and played on the ground in the middle of all this. Wow!

We got home at 2:30 am. It was so worth it though. They loved it!

I am still feeling tired from all of that fun. I don't think I would've made it had I not called the doc that day for the antibiotics.