View Single Post
Old 10-10-2007, 10:30 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Jazzman
Occasional poor taste poster

I have a good friend who quit drinking, he knew about my ex and when I asked him why he quit he told me he couldn't control it. When he would drink he would get totally blitzed, not remember anything and wake up in strange places. I asked him how often he drank like that and he said maybe several times a year.

I have another good friend who drinks the same way but makes sure he's lined up a designated driver, (that would be me) and just knows that he's gonna party his brains out several times a year. His wife has accepted it (I guess) and they are one of the happiest couples I know (I think). As long as he never EVER again gets another DUI he'll probably stay happily married for the rest of his life (maybe?). I would call both of these buddies alcohol abusers.

But they're not 20 somethings either, they're adults with families and adult responsibilities. Not something that I would want for my life, but that's just me.

Yes people are different, every situation is different. Just know that for the loved ones of addicts, life can be one tough road.

Last edited by Jazzman; 10-10-2007 at 10:50 AM.