View Single Post
Old 11-02-2003, 04:16 PM
  # 295 (permalink)  
Lilya

Gérard Depardieu is not the one I meant, the guy I meant is much less famous, but I can tell you here in the States that we have had a bit too much of Gérard. He also advertises on TV and frankly, it is too much. He was great in the Nouvelle Vagues movie, like "Le Dernier métro" and "La femme d´Ã* côté - but, spare me. I absolutely agree about Hugh Grant. Something about his smile and attitude.

I wrote my BA theses about the German expressionnists, and Nosferatu I´ve promoted often when I manage film festivals. I met the guy who was one of the producers of "In the Shadow of the Vampire" this summer, after a screening of Nosferatu and since he adores John Malkovitcn, we got on very well! He thought Willem Defoe´s persona was a bit overdone in the film, and I agreed with him, but I liked it. Did you see the remake by the German Werner Herzog with Klaus Kinski as the vampire? It´s quite beautiful.

I can see what you mean by the why, why in 8mm, but I understood it at the time. It´s such a scary and over the top subject. Joaquim Phoenix is good in that film, I find.

I went on call for the SOS hotlines because I felt so lonely, but I feel better after I took few calls. I can do it at my house, wrapped in a dressing gown with tea. I realize people have it so much worse than I do and it´s always good to be able to help. It´s for egoistic reasons, it really does help me feel better.

Bon appétit! For the pot roast, I mean.

Use adversity