View Single Post
Old 11-02-2003, 10:44 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Mamabear

Dear Tammie
((((((((((((((peace)))))))))))))))

I will pray for you. Gosh a move is so stressful and I think you're right. Men carry this burden of thiking they are totally responsible and when they can't fulfill the unrealistic expectations they set in their minds, it often comes out as anxiety and anger. (We girls cry and/ or turn to one another). This happens w/ my husband and then I misunderstand, take the anger personally and so the cycle begins...I wonder if a bit of couples counseling would help. Or a mediator like a priest/ rabbi/ minister.
As far as work, how would you feel about working in a school? In Pa there are countless school districts that need aides for special needs kids. We kiss the feet of the women and men who work pt and full time for our district. The pay is poor but it might be doable. Often you can call your own hours. You seem to be at your very best when you are helping another and there is much love exchanged in this interaction. If you choose to do this, know that special needs covers a wide range of kids. Decide whether or not you want to deal with leatning disabilities, severe mental retardation and life skills, emotionally challenged kids or physically handicapped kids. My experience is that my heart fill when I am with these kids (though it is not my area in teaching) and the inspiration does much to lessen the pain and anxiety I feel. Just a thought.....
Okay, if you were closer I'd drive over and give you a hug.
This is the best I can do
(((((((Mamabear))))))))