Old 10-05-2007, 04:41 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
md20
"Grateful to be Sober."

Im feeling good :) thanks for every1s support

Hey all, Feeling good at the min, just wanted to write this down quick while it lasts! Just got back from 2 mtings - they do a late night one near me on a fri night which is great, always a fab talk table- humour is so good for my recovery It's good too as all my fellow students are out drinking late so atleast im out and about - it gives me something to look forward too also. Not exactly the same as a mad night out, but i can honestly say im prefering sober life at the min. Just feel better in myself, still have the lows (alot lol) but i know self pity gets me nowhere, infact makes things drag out, worse i guess. Was entertaining the thought of going out tongith- getting drunk. Thankfully stopped torturing myself though and got to a meeting, i know it's just the alcoholism trying to get me to lift the 1st drink- and i know the horrible times do go. Also i am terrified of drinking again- which helps me staying sober! I don't want to end up in hospital again, or get carried out of bars...so far up here my reputation is ok- i've not done nything too bad to humialte myself when drunk, and i intend to stay sober and keep this up! I may be seen as boring or a bit of an outcast even but at least i wont be seen as the mad alchie! Got a rep for my drinkng at a previous job - funny at first but towards the end completely humiliating. Oh well...i won't go on just glad to be able to share this with people who "get" me. Thanks once again guys for all your support, you really dont know how much u help me, i look forward to coming on here and reading threads of others, and getting help out of replies.