View Single Post
Old 10-04-2007, 05:28 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Midnightfrost

So I'm back . . .

I was on here for a few weeks last year. I had reached my limit with my highly dysfunctional mother. Well I got my new job and moved all the way across the country. I financially independent and loving it! Mom however isn't doing very well. She's isolated. She's unemployed. She's close to losing her car and her apartment. I knew all this and was being as supportive as I could without lending money or driving myself crazy. But a couple weeks ago she hits me with "they think I have leukemia"! this is after an episode where she blacked out and went into respiratory arrest. That evidently was due to a lack of potassium which lead to the blood work which is strongly pointing toward leukemia. Now she is demanding that she be able to fly from where she lives to where she used to live to see a doctor there. I'm a flight attendant and she wants to fly on my passes. I unfortunately broke down and loaned her money and let her fly out there. She promptly got in a fight with the person she was staying with and showed up at the airport and got me on the phone with a ticket agent trying to book a flight. And during all this I was attempting to finish up bankruptcy proceedings for myself. She's so caustic. I know returning home and trying to get all the paperwork done for her sn't going to work. I'm trying to explore social worker options. maybe I can get a third party involved that can guide her through this. . . . but there is this guilt she's pushing that I'm killing her by not letting her fly on my passes to go to the doc elsewhere. Help! Thanks!