Thread: New Era
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2007, 07:50 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Elana
Bridge CLOSED

You cannot control it. You did not cause it.

These forums are filled with people who have tried to get between their kids, SO's, Family, Friends, and Spouses and drugs. Most fail.

They (addicts) have to decide when enough is enough as do us codependents. They have to decide when they want recovery. Some never seek recovery. My XABF was one of those. Some seek recovery but cannot ever get it together and do the work. My X husband is one of those.

Yes, some die using drugs and that is so very sad and is often the greatest fear of those who are trying to save the addict.

I am sorry you are going thru this but I can say honestly if you keep the money flowing and the rescues coming, then the drug use will continue for sure and the damage from it is cumulative to the body and to the mind.

I spent a lot of years trying to save an alcoholic and then an addict. I can tell you that it did not work and I sure wish there had been a warranty on all I spent trying. If there was a warranty I can tell you I would ask for my money back because all it did was let them keep on doing what they wanted to do while draining ME.

Today my X husband is dead from years lf alcohol and Rx drug use.. he died as a committed inpatient in a psychiatric ward. My 18 years of working to prevent it and get between him and his alcohol etc. certainly did not work.

My XABF is shacked up with a new co dependent and is draining her dry as we speak. he has been a drug addict for 40 years and can spot a codie who will give him everything from a mile away. I tried to "rescue" him for 6 years. I wish I had my money back on this one for sure!!!!

What has all my intervention done? Cost me years of my precious life and many many dollars.. thousands I can tell you. Never again. Addicts can save themselves. I am tapped out!