View Single Post
Old 10-02-2007, 12:32 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Layla2222

Well I just got back from the arraignment......it was a show. We ALL were there--everyone he was embarrassed to see & didn't want to see--it was almost like an intervention in the court room. A family friend, who is an attorney, spoke on behalf of the family/friends, and got the judge to set the bond ridiculously high so he cant get out of jail for now---and agreed to release him ONLY from jail directly to a long-term inpatient mental health facility, where he cannot leave by order of the court (not by order of the doctor who let him out in a week this time). If he tries to leave the facility, he will go to jail. He agreed to all this, which made it easier. He will be there for at least 3-4 months....up to a year, and then is still under order of the courts (probation, etc....)
He was covered in mud, handcuffed and wouldn't look at any of us.... It was hard for all of us to sit there in front of him and plead with the judge to keep him in jail, and to give him the maximum bond.... but it NEEDED to be done, obviously....everyone was in agreement.
So now no more worrying....I can exhale....he is safe, and forced into treatment, and I am safe and forced to "cut ties".... I have no more involvement....it's done, he's gone, it's over. great.
And here I am again....sitting alone in "our" apartment......I know this is what was suppose to happen....this was the best scenerio.....this is probably HP's plan.....it will all work out exactly as it's suppose to......"its for the best" ....
I know, I know, I know....doesn't make it feel any better though....now comes more sadness, because as much as I want to see him/talk to him/be with him....I can't...I don't have a choice. Goodbye to my best friend........I don't even know how to adjust to this & all I can do is cry
Well, thank you again everyone, and thanks for listening